RECEs have a professional responsibility to renew their membership with the College on an annual basis.
Why is renewal important?
The annual renewal process allows the College to:
- Verify that a memberís key information on file with the College remains current and up-to-date
- Collect important information from members about their work
- Monitor membersí compliance with various obligations, such as reporting certain conduct to the College and fulfilling Continuous Professional Learning (CPL) program requirements
- Check-in with members about issues that are important for the protection and safety of children and families
What are the requirements for renewal?
Renewing membership consists of two requirements that must be fully completed on or before the RECEís renewal due date. You must renew your membership and pay the full annual membership fee.
If you are paying by credit card or through your bank, you may renew online once you have received an email from the College with a personal link to My College Account. You will receive the link approximately two months before your renewal is due.
If you are paying by cheque / money order / bank draft, complete and submit the Membership Renewal Form?, along with your payment and any supporting documentation.
RECEs must complete these requirements by their renewal due date in order to be considered to have renewed on time.
Membership Renewal Guide
To assist RECEs with the renewal process, the College provides a Membership Renewal Guide.
The guide is organized into the following sections. You are encouraged to read the entire guide in order. However, you may also click on any one of the links below to go to a specific section. At the bottom of each page, there are ëNextí and ëBackí buttons to help you navigate through the guide in order. There is also a button to return to this main page at any time.
- Requirement 1: Completing the Membership Renewal
- Requirement 2: Paying the annual membership fee?
- Submitting the renewal package
- What happens after you submit your renewal package
- What happens if you do not complete the renewal process on time
- What to do if you have more questions?